Friday, May 2, 2014

Suddenly, Intrusion


Warmth.

Darkness.

No sense of urgency.

Time has slowed.

Suddenly, intrusion.

Spindly claws grab for me.

I scream.

The claws reach further.

They grab me.

I am taken into another world.

Bright lights.

Beeping.

I wail for comfort.

Find none.

“It’s a girl.”

***

The monster grabs me under my arms.

Force me to stand.

I wobble, cry for her to stop.

She keeps going.

We repeat.

Flung into air.

Straddled under arms.

Wail.

Wobble.

Fall.

Finally, I stand.

“Stu, come quick! Emily’s walking!”

***

I feel my mouth.

Tongue.

Across mouth.

Tiny things in my mouth.

White.

Square.

I chew.

“Look’s like Daddy’s little girl got her first tooth!”

***

Something.

Tickling my throat.

I know what to say.

Do not know how.

Then, I speak.

“Ma-ma.”

***

I am three.

I speak, I walk, I chew.

But no more.

The beam shines on me.

I raise into the sky.

The vortex swallows me.

I look.

Bright lights, strange whispers.

Little men, green.

Large eyes, black.

I was abducted ten years ago.

I was forty.

They wanted to know.

Humans.

I become another test.

Others stare.

The animal-men, the hybrids.

The living head.

Some have worse fate.

I live now as baby.

Forever.

They do tests on me.

I do nothing to stop.

How can I?

They zap me again.

The beam wipes my memory.

My existence.

***

Warmth.

Darkness.

No sense of urgency.

Time has slowed.

Suddenly, intrusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment